CAMS, on behalf of its clients, collect, record and use personal data of the
investors, brokers including past, present and prospective in order to carry on
its business as per contractual obligation and meet its clients' requirements
effectively. We recognise that the lawful and correct treatment of personal data
is very important to successful operations and to maintaining investor's
confidence in ourselves and in our clients.
Any personal data that we collect record or use in any way whether it is held on
paper, on computer or other electronic media will have appropriate safeguards
applied to it to ensure that we comply with our contractual obligations of
confidentiality and privacy.
Any sensitive information mentioned below as provided by the clients for
providing service or received from the investors or through their agents or any
through other third party engaged by the clients for processing, stored or
processed under lawful contract or otherwise, both historic and ongoing are
being used strictly for the purpose for which it has been collected (i.e.) in
order to carry on its business and meet clients' requirements and deliverables
- Investor Bank Account details provided either as part of the application
submitted by the investor the clients or based on written request such as change
of bank account or registration of multiple bank accounts.
- Payment instrument details provided as part of application at the time of
investment or as proof for carrying out change of bank account or any other
Details of debit card obtained.
- Generation and storing password (PIN) in encrypted form based on the request
from the investor.
- Biometric information obtained, if any.
- Physical, physiological and mental health condition.
- Sexual orientation.
- Medical records and history
The above information collected is stored in a secure manner which compiles with
ISO 27001 standards. We aspire to adhere to certain generally accepted
principles of data protection, to the extent these are in our control as
These general principles state that personal data must be:
- Fairly and lawfully collected and processed.
- Processed for limited purposes and not in any other way which would be
incompatible with those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Not kept for longer than is necessary.
- Kept secure.
In order to meet the requirements of the principles, following process and
controls are adhered:
- observe ethical practices regarding the fair collection and use of personal
- Collect and process appropriate personal data only to the extent that we are
obliged to by contract or to comply with any legal requirements.
- Ensure the quality of personal data used.
- Hold the data only as long as we are required to by contract or by law.
- Take appropriate security measures to safeguard personal data.
We have a responsible data security policy and implemented technology and
policies with the objective of protecting your privacy from unauthorised access
and improper use.
We provide details of investors only based on consent from our clients to their
appointed brokers, agents, bankers and similar representatives, and to our
client in whose products he has invested and to any other intermediaries to
fulfill business obligation.
We may be required from time to time to disclose your personal information to
governmental or judicial bodies or agencies or our regulators based on their
We will permit only authorized employees who are trained in the proper handling
of customer information, to have access to that information. Employees who
violate our Privacy Promise will be subject to our normal disciplinary process.
Grievance Officer - Information Security:
Name of the Officer
R Sanjai Raj Jain
No. 158, Rayala Towers, Anna Salai,
Chennai - 600 002
044 - 30212555
The users of the computer resources including website of CAMS or any victim who
has suffered due to access or usage of the sensitive information shall notify
the complaints, if any to the above officer either through email or written
compliant and such compliant shall be redressed within in one month from the
date of receipt of the complaint.